Resources at our museum:
We are unable to support research requests from the public at this time. However, if you find material of interest in our finding aids we can make that material available to you.
- Personnel records- National Archives. While many WWII records were lost in a fire, the National Archives can often provide at least basic information. We recommend repeating your request every few years.
- 34th Infantry Division- 34ID Association
- Museums- Iowa Gold Star Military Museum, and others.
- Grave markers- DeathIndexes, FindAGrave, Henri-Chapelle Cemetery, and the Minnesota Salute Project.
- Military Awards- Home of Heroes, Military Times, Medals of Honor from MN, National Purple Heart.
- DD214 service record- The veteran may have filed a DD214 or other paperwork with their county of residence after discharge. Request their DD214 from the Veterans Administration, or EveryCRSReport.
- Unit records- The Library of Congress, EveryCRSReport.
- Minnesota Historical Society
- History of the MN National Guard