- 194th Tank Battalion
- Ship: U.S.S. President Coolidge
- Boarded: Monday - 8 September 1941 - 3:00 P.M.
- Sailed: 9:00 P.M. - same day
- Arrived: Honolulu, Hawaii - Saturday - 13 September 1941 - 7:00 A.M.
- Sailed: 5:00 P.M. - same day
- Arrived: Manila - Friday - 26 September 1941
- disembark ship - 3:00 P.M.
- taken by bus to Fort Stostenburg
- lived in tents until barracks completed - 15 November 1941
- Battle of Luzon
- 26 December 1941 - west of Carmen along Agno River
- tanks were under heavy artillery and mortar fire
- his company with A & D Companies, 192nd Tank Battalion, held 25 miles of the frontline with 30 tanks and 5 halftracks
Killed in Action:
-Friday - 26 December 1941
- Agno bridge area - held bridge so withdrawing forces could cross bridge
- Surrounded by Japanese troops, with August Bender of his tank crew. The two soldiers were in a foxhole guarding bridge with a machine gun.
- The Japanese machined gunned the two soldiers
- Tablets of the Missing
- American Military Cemetery - Manila, Philippine Islands